- CCS was founded in September of 1970 under the direction of Pastor C. H. Couey with approximately 200 students from K4 through 6th grade. Tom Hamilton served as the founding principal.
- As a ministry of South Dade Baptist Church, the purpose of the school was to give parents an opportunity to educate their children in the light of God’s Word rather than the humanistic philosophy of the public schools.
- On August 24, 1992, Hurricane Andrew ripped through the City of Homestead causing severe damage. The people of the area suffered great personal and property loss. Due to the damage caused by Hurricane Andrew, CCS was closed. For five years, the halls of CCS remained silent.
- In May of 1995, the church called Dr. Dennis Dickson as Pastor.
- In December of 1996, the church voted to reopen CCS offering K3 through 12th grades; and in February of 1997, Dr. Richard Christ assumed the responsibility of administrator.
- After months of needed renovations, CCS reopened its doors on August 24, 1997 with an enrollment of 120 students.
- The current enrollment of the school is approximately 300+ students.
Colonial Christian School
17105 SW 296 Street | Homestead, FL 33030
Tel: (305) 246-8608 | Fax: (305) 246-1542